The Wandering Kohawk

León, Nicaragua
Welcome. My name is Mitchell and I'm a proud alumnus of Coe College and currently reside in León, Nicaragua. Most of this blog is about my travels over the past few years Enjoy!

Some Pictures

This is Chris, Pascal and I with a bunch of random Rwandan kids in front of some rural landscape. We visited Gitarama and stopped to take some photos and the kids (who live outside the city and aren't used to "muzungos" came running)
Every Saturday morning the kids who live in the center come to work on the farm for a couple hours. It is my job to assign tasks and supervise so last week I took 40 students and cleaned a drainage canal - I almost called Mike Rove of "Dirty Jobs."
A seed bed in our "micro=garden"
Our center is reknowned across the city for its acrobats and other performers. Here is one practicing.
Ah yes, me and one of my tractors, plowing along. This one has a cab with a radio that get "Voice of America" so I was plowing and rocking out!

p.s. if you are reading this on facebook you might not see the pictures. visit: www.wanderingkohawk.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. 1) I'll call Mike
    2) Please attempt to ride that unicycle while you are there.
    3) Is that your team on the court behind the acrobat?

    ReplyDelete