The Wandering Kohawk

León, Nicaragua
Welcome. My name is Mitchell and I'm a proud alumnus of Coe College and currently reside in León, Nicaragua. Most of this blog is about my travels over the past few years Enjoy!

THE BEN AND MEDDY ON THE RUN!!!

For all my vigilant, law-abiding friends on the other side of the Atlantic, I am sending you a plea on behalf of all Rwandans.  Deliever The Ben and Meddy back to us!

The solo-artist pop stars, who are the craze and all the rage in Rwanda recently went on a government-sponsored trip to Washington and mysteriously disappeared.  Rumors are circulated the two duo are trying to secure an international record deal and were searching in Boston before escaping to Canada.  Just to be safe, if they are still in the US, I need your help.

If you see either of these two uniform-looking men singing a song sounding something like “A karam ata” or something similar, please notify your local law enforcement agency.  They have likely not changed their appearance, as every Rwandan man has the same hair and dress style.  Furthermore, they can likely be heard saying some Kinyarwanda-English slang words awkwardly in public, such  as “Fresh” (pronounced Fresh-EE), “Power” (pronounced POW-A) and “V.I.P.” (prnounced Vee-Pee).

I have fond memories of both of these men, as I have sang along and danced at many events where they have performed.  I just know Rwanda won’t be the same without them.  Please, help us.

Article from the New Times:

http://newtimes.co.rw/index.php?issue=14341&article=32059

No comments:

Post a Comment