The Wandering Kohawk

León, Nicaragua
Welcome. My name is Mitchell and I'm a proud alumnus of Coe College and currently reside in León, Nicaragua. Most of this blog is about my travels over the past few years Enjoy!

I Saw…

I saw this video for the first time today, and its such a perfect song for me to say goodbye to Rwanda.  Yes, after one full year, tomorrow I get on a bus and leave the Land of a Thousand Hills.  And as the song portrays, I have seen, felt, learnt, appreciated and loved so much in the past year.  I’m struggling to pinpoint my feelings and emotions of this goodbye.  The last year of my life has been one of immense joy, happiness, sorrow, frustration and humility.  If you have talked to me recently, you know that I am indeed happy to leave, happy to open the next chapter.  At the same time, it is always difficult to say goodbye; difficult to know that you will never see a person who you have loved ever again.  This place, these people and the last year will hold a special place in my heart for the rest of my life.

I’ll save the rest of the sentiment for my journal.  Tomorrow   evening I get on a bus headed for Nairobi, where I will fly to meet a friend in Ethiopia, and then a friend in Tanzania, and hopefully I’ll continue to make friends and have new places to visit.  I have a backpack, a guidebook, a new pair of shoes and a terrible bout of wanderlust.  I hope Africa is as ready as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment